Salary: £25k - 30k per year + Study Support
Location: Horley, Surrey, England
Market: Commerce & Industry
Grafton Banks are currently working with a global company based near Horley. They are looking for an aspiring Management Accountant to join their team. Having exposure to management accounts, even at a more junior level, in your current role is key to stepping up into this role.
- Raise sales invoices accurately and to agreed timescales.
- Responsible for the recovery of all debts owed to the company and preparing weekly debtors reports with commentary on problem debtors and issue to management.
- Oversee purchase invoices being entered into the accounting system accurately and on a timely basis, ensuring payments are made on time utilising any credit terms.
- Preparation of management reports on a monthly basis
- Review gross profit, expenses, other income and recharges. Ensure they are fairly stated and provide commentary for major variations.
- Review overheads, making accrual and deferral adjustments where required.
- Manage balance sheet accounts, ensuring accurate ledger maintenance for trade debtors and creditors, fixed assets, accruals and deferral accounts etc.
- Ensure all relevant preparations are made for the quarterly VAT returns and EC Sales lists to required timescales and ensuring full compliance with VAT regulations.
- Prepare inter-company reconciliation accurately and to required timescales to enable debt recovery and payment of balances owed.
- Working across the business, finance departments and group to grow the business, formulating strategies.
The successful candidate will have working knowledge of income statements, balance sheets and accounting systems, having embarked on ACCA/CIMA studies. In return the role offers a competitive salary alongside the large company exposure and career progression options it brings.
For further information please contact Jess Trundle on 01273 229 499, or email email@example.com