UK Tax Manager
Salary: £65k - 70k per year + 15% bonus and benefits
Location: Reigate, Surrey, England
Market: Commerce & Industry
Grafton Banks Finance is currently recruiting for a UK Tax Manager for a large, global organisation with offices in Reigate, Surrey. The purpose of the role is to manage and control the UK tax affairs for the group of companies including VAT Compliance, US tax reporting, UK corporation tax compliance, risk management and support relationship with HMRC (including tax audits). The role works across departments to provide tax advice as necessary. The role is responsible for the review and coordination of all internal and external UK tax related returns and submissions (with the exclusion of Employment Tax). The actual preparation of the returns/reporting are generally outsourced to third parties. The position requires a good understanding of UK tax laws and exposure to international tax accounting and reporting (US GaaP).
- Manage outsourcing partners to coordinate the preparation of statutory tax reports and filings, liaising with senior management, external auditors and the tax authorities as required. Review all returns before submission. (The UK group entails 7 holding companies and 3 trading companies).
- Manage VAT & other indirect tax and audit queries from the business and HMRC, providing source of expertise and confidence on advice given. Implement Vat recovery opportunities.
- Work with other departments to ensure VAT controls maintained/enhanced during transition of these departments abroad
- Ensure requirements of Making Tax Digital met, working with IT and other departments as necessary.
- Work with appropriate business and external advisors to complete the Research and Development Expenditure Credit (RDEC) and manage the discussions with HMRC into these claims.
- Maintain transfer pricing documentation for the UK entities in line with HMRC and OCED guidelines. Make recommendations for change management affecting transfer pricing policies as appropriate and support policing of transfer pricing rules.
- Liaise with the Financial Reporting Team and International Tax COE to produce robust tax forecasts, which will enable any future tax issues and opportunities to be identified and potentially mitigated or achieved as appropriate.
- Monitor UK tax legislation developments and communicate within the company. Identify and implement planning opportunities with other members of the International and EMEA Tax teams and external consultants.
- Manage tax queries and audit issues from external auditors and tax authorities, relative to the UK tax filings and tax/Vat accounting.
- Support outsource partners and Financial Reporting Team on month end tax close, including managing tax accounting and technical queries from International Tax team.
- Review tax sensitive and accounting records of all company entities in the UK, specifically relating to general ledger accounts and other pertinent information of the three trading entities. Reconcile as necessary.
- Identify and make recommendations that optimize business and financial processes and improve internal control, SOX compliance and Senior Accounting Officer (SAO) in the tax accounting and reporting area. Ensure key controls are identified and embedded in procedure documents that adequately describe the process and control measures.
You must have in house tax experience and possess a tax qualification (CTA or ATT qualified) in order to apply. This company is large enough to be able to provide multiple future career opportunities in the UK and abroad. You will also receive a benefits package to include a 15% bonus, pension, health care and other benefits.
For further information please contact Alex Gregory on 01273 229 499, or email firstname.lastname@example.org