Assistant Finance Manager
Ref: JS - J346323
Salary: £26k - 32k per year + Benefits
Location: Canterbury, Kent, England
Market: Commerce & Industry
Grafton Banks Finance is pleased to be supporting a growing business based in Canterbury with the recruitment of an Assistant Finance Manager on an 18 month fixed term contract basis.
The Assistant Finance Manager will play a critical role in the company and will be a key member of the Finance team. You will be responsible for the supervision and delivery of many of the departments core tasks aswell as the mentorship of a couple of junior staff members.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain client account, transferring money on request, recording all transactions, reconciling accounts, ensuing day to day compliance. Periodic meetings to review balances and procedures.
- Liaising with banks for account management, opening and closing accounts, as necessary.
- Support, supervise and complete the Accounts Payable, staff expenses reimbursement, credit card and disbursement allocation processes.
- Ensure compliance with staff expenses and other internal policies.
- Make ad-hoc payments on request and at short notice.
- Bookkeeping and accounts preparation work.
- Work closely with the Finance Manager in order to plan and allocate core workflows, ensuring an effective team dynamic.
- Delegate core tasks to junior staff where appropriate, monitoring delivery.
- Train staff on core tasks. Mentor and help develop junior staff “soft” skills, particularly in relation to effective communication, team working and work load management.
- Return phone calls and written correspondence within required deadlines and ensure expectations are managed and met.
- Positivity engage in all team meetings, appropriately challenging the status quo.
This position will pay circa £26,000 - £32,000 per annum and is a hybrid position.
For further information please contact Jack Schilling on 01622 584334, or email firstname.lastname@example.org