Financial Reporting Manager
Salary: £65k - 70k per year + bonus, pension & health care
Location: Brighton, East Sussex, England
Market: Commerce & Industry
Grafton Banks Finance is currently recruiting for a Financial Reporting Manager for a large, industry respected and expanding financial services company in central Brighton, East Sussex. This is a technical role and requires someone with experience of working within the financial services sector who has had exposure to IFRS reporting standards and Solvency 2. The purpose of the role is to lead the delivery of a robust financial controls framework and monthly/quarterly closing requirements including the consolidation of the reporting to both management (via FP&A) and external stakeholders.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Lead the financial control and monitoring of close requirements for quarterly reporting.
- Lead the delivery of monthly/quarterly financial and regulatory reporting and year-end Report & Financial Statements and external audit :
- Responsible for the production of the consolidated statutory results in a timely and accurate manner on a quarterly basis.
- Responsible for the production of the SII balance sheet in a timely and accurate manner on a quarterly basis.
- Accountable for the production of the Group Consolidated Report and Accounts to the required standard and in line with agreed timelines.
- Accountable for the production of the SII quarterly and annual reporting to the required standard and in line with agreed timelines.
- Manage the production of the glossy Report and Accounts in time for the AGM.
- Key point of contact for audit liaison.
- Ensuring productive auditor, actuarial and finance meetings are held as required over reporting periods
- Work with external suppliers for audit requirements.
- Manage resolution of audit queries through the wider team.
- Manage the Management responses to the Audit Management Letter and monitor resolution through the year reporting into the FATC as required.
- To be the technical expert and specialist for Solvency II and other regulatory reporting, and to deal with and interpret regulation whilst ensuring compliance.
- To provide solutions to technical accounting situations for acquisitions and accounting for new businesses and changes in accounting structures.
- To be responsible for writing Board and Audit Sub-Committee papers, including technical papers as required.
- Commercial focus: Ensure accurate and timely delivery of Financial Reporting activities. Work closely with the FP&A team to produce both actual and forecast reconciliations between MI results and statutory results on a quarterly basis.
This is a great opportunity for a technically strong qualified accountant to build a career in a growing organisation. You will also be rewarded with a competitive salary, bonus scheme , pension and other benefits.
For further information please contact Alex Gregory on 01273 229 499, or email email@example.com