Ref: PR/J4000 HJ
Salary: £40k - 50k per year + benefits
Location: Brighton, East Sussex, England
Market: Commerce & Industry
Grafton Banks Finance is currently recruiting for a qualified Management Accountant to enhance the finance function for a reputable education establishment with offices near Brighton.
Reporting to the Head of Management Reporting the main purpose of the role is to provide Heads of Schools and of Professional Services Divisions and their senior managers with quality financial management information and advice which is of value to them in the management, development and planning of each of their areas of responsibility.
Some of the key responsibilities include:
- Proactively engage with Heads of Schools and Heads of Professional Services Divisions and their senior managers, understand their agreed objectives and targets and their plans to meet them. Identify and agree with them the key financial issues for their budgetary units and any implications of these on other sections of the establishment
- Train and communicate with budget holders to ensure that they are adequately skilled in the use of essential self service reports for operational budget management
- Maintain awareness of the strategic principles behind the RAM, TRAC and other financial policies and discuss any issues arising from the School’s/Divisions proposals
- Identify the financial information and advice necessary for the Heads of Schools and Heads of Professional Services Divisions and their senior managers to monitor and promote the delivery of those plans
- Deliver the financial information in accordance with pre determined and agreed Reporting standards. Advise the Head of Management Reporting when considering preparing any bespoke report which is intended to be used on more than a one off basis
- Provide clear written and oral narratives to aid communication of the information and advice
- Liaise with budget holders regarding forecasts and update Agresso accordingly.
The successful candidate therefore will be fully qualified with previous experience of management accounts and the ability to communicate and build effective relationships with employees at all levels. Formidable Excel skills and IT knowledge is imperative for this role together with recent business partnering experience and the ability to prioritise and meet tight deadlines. A driven and ambitious attitude is also required, coupled with sound analytical skills and good attention to detail. Any previous experience of working in the education sector and/or the NHS will prove to be highly advantageous.
For your experience and knowledge of the above, you will be rewarded with a competitive basic salary and benefits package.
For further information please contact Paul Rudman on 01273 229 499, or email email@example.com