Ref: PR/J100 LAD
Salary: £40k - 50k per year + bonus + benefits
Location: London, Greater London, England
Market: Commerce & Industry
Grafton Banks Finance is currently looking for an ambitious recently qualified Management Accountant to enhance the finance function of a rapidly growing and reputable organisation, based near Stratford in London. Reporting to the Senior Management Accountant the main purpose of the role is produce timely, accurate and insightful management accounting and reporting to the Retail Division. You will also ensure that all cost controls are adhered to and that there is a strong commercial understanding of the division, so that all relevant process improvements and cost opportunities can be realised.
Some of the key responsibilities:
- Ensure that the periodic management accounts are delivered to reporting deadlines and a high quality working closely with the rest of the finance team as required.
- Ensure that all necessary accounting adjustments are posted each period in order to produce accurate management accounts and are documented as required.
- Full cost centre management for key central functions through regular reviews with owners using high quality reporting and variance analysis.
- Deliver insightful analysis and commentary on all key variances to budget/plan/prior year in order to explain and drive performance including presentations to FD.
- Ensure that selected balance sheet reconciliations are completed/reviewed to agreed deadlines with all reconciling items investigated and resolved promptly.
- Ensure certain group reporting requirements are completed within required deadlines and to a high standard.
- Preparation of deliverables for the annual audit and key contact for the auditors during the audit process.
- Assist with the coaching and development of the assistant management accountant.
The successful candidate will be fully qualified and possess substantial management accountancy/reporting experience, particularly in budgeting, planning and forecasting. `Excellent team-working and decision-making skills are essential, coupled with the ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels. A driven and determined attitude is also imperative, together with a good understanding of Excel and good analytical and problem solving skills.
A competitive basic salary and excellent benefits package are on offer here, together with the opportunity to progress within the organisation, due to the size of the company and finance function.
For further information please contact Paul Rudman on 01273 229 499, or email email@example.com